First Passive House Multifamily Building slated to start construction in Vancouver, Canada #Passivehouse #NetZero
Passive House Duplex starting construction in Vancouver – Another First for Marken Design + Consulting
After a lengthy development and building permitting process, Vancouver’s first Multifamily Building aiming at meeting the stringent Passive House Energy Standard is finally scheduled to start construction. Designed along a West Coast Contemporary theme, this Duplex with handicap accessible basement suite is featuring Triple Pane Windows, a Solar Hot Water System, Environmentally Friendly Insulation Materials, Low VOC and other Green Products and a Ultra Efficient Heat Recovery Ventilation System, to name a few.
In addition to the long list of Green Building features, this Duplex will highlight a 4KW Photovoltaic System which will produce sufficient electricity to pay for most of the building’s annual energy consumption.
- West Coast Contemporary Design Theme by Marken Design + Consulting
- Open Layout with lot’s of Natural Light
- Optimized Solar Gains for max. Comfort and Savings
- Renewable Energy Production via PV System
- Environmentally Friendly Materials and Products
- Ultra Low Maintenance
- Basement Suite Handicap accessible
- Electric Car Charging Station
- Estimated Monthly Utility Bill: below $60.- per Unit
- Estimated Annual Heating Bill: below ~ $ 200.- per Unit
- Reduced Green House Gas Emissions compared to standard Building: ~98%
- Maximum Comfort in Winter and Summer
- Same Construction Costs as Vancouver Quality Constructed Custom Home
Please stay tuned for construction updates on this project. If you would like to learn more about Passive House or Net Zero Design, please visit our webpage at www.markenprojects.com or follow us on Facebook and Twitter.