Marken Projects 2012 and what’s to come #Passivehouse #Netzero #GreenBuilding
What we were up to this year…looking back at 2012 ..and ahead
by Alexander Maurer
The year is almost over and we are very pleased with the progress of our projects but especially the progress the Passive House / Low Energy Building movement made in North America this year: An estimated 30 + projects under way or in planning stages in Canada with about five under construction right here in British Columbia and about 100+ in the United States. Most importantly, building code and local bylaw changes are in the works (i.e. Vancouver) promoting more energy efficient and green buildings with the Passive House gaining momentum as the leading Building Energy standard.
Thanks our committed clients, 2012 turned out to be an exciting year for us and we are optimistically looking forward to a promising 2013 with several high performance projects starting construction and some interesting new on the drawing board. One exciting news we would like to share is the planned opening of our Satellite office in Vorarlberg, Austria, scheduled for mid of next year. More details on this another time….
Here are the 2012 projects we would like to highlight:
From Left to right – starting at the top:
1. Vancouver Island Passive House: Status: Under Construction – nearing completion- More info here
2. Rainbow Passive House, Whistler: Status: Completed – More info here
3. Surrey Passive House: Status: Under construction –More info here
4. Vancouver Energy Efficient Reno: Status: Nearing completion – More info here
5. Lakeview DeLuxe Passive House: Status: Preliminary Conceptual Design – More info here
6. Custom Whistler Passive House: Status: Building Permit Documentation stage – More info here
7. Fort St. John Passive House: Status: Scheduled to commence construction – More info here
8. Low Energy Infill Laneway Home, Vancouver: Status: Building Permit Submitted – More info here
9. Passive House Consulting – Midori Uchi NetZero: Status: Under construction – More info here
10. Passive House Consulting – Dragonfly Cohousing Calgary: Status: Building Permit Documentation stage – More info here
11. Fab-Homes Passive Design Solutions: More info here
We would like to hear from you!
If you are interested or are already planning to build a highly energy efficient, healthy, comfortable green dwelling such as Passive House or Low Energy Building, please contact us today for a complimentary consultation.
We would be excited to show you our work and introduce you to the Passive Design approach.